The operators behind the decentralized cross-chain liquidity protocol – THORChain – preemptively paused the network after claims of potential vulnerability made rounds on social media.
- According to the announcement, the vulnerability in question is speculated to be associated with THORChain dependency that may affect the overall network.
- “Out of an abundance of caution,” THORChain decided to pause trading while carrying out an investigation.
- Its tweet further added:
“The validity of the claim is currently being assessed and verified.”
- Initial reports suggested that THORChain’s liquidity platform – Nine Realms – along with the security team THORSec, received “credible reports” of the vulnerability.
- In wake of the development, THORChain’s native token, RUNE, dropped by nearly 5% and was trading at $1.32.
- Last October, the THORChain network suffered a 20-hour-long outage as a result of a software bug.
- The team had revealed that the issue was string manipulation.
- The DeFi protocol suffered several hacks since its inception in 2018. The latest security breach took place in July, wherein the perpetrators drained around $8 million worth of Ether after attacking the ETH Router.
- While the team assured that the treasury had the necessary funds to compensate all victims, it later notified the community that the attackers limited their damage, “seemingly a whitehat,” and reportedly requested a 10% bounty.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
#THORChain #Mainnet #Halted #Potential #Vulnerability #Concerns