Tron Founder Justin Sun’s tenure as Grenada’s Ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO, came to an end on March 31.
The end of Sun’s diplomatic status comes shortly after the SEC accused the Tron boss of fraud and market manipulation.
- Justin Sun, in a tweet thread, announced the end of his term as Grenada’s representative to the WTO, which took effect on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Sun stated he gained valuable experience during his time as ambassador, adding that he was able to gain insights and perspectives on various trade issues through his interactions with representatives around the world.
- With his diplomatic status already coming to an end, the Tron founder said he is preparing to hand over to his successor, with plans to focus on crypto regulation and the digital economy.
“In the coming months, I will be focusing on the smooth transition of my duties to my successor. Afterwards, I plan to take some time to rest before continuing my career as a public servant, with a particular focus on digital economy and crypto regulation as I believe that these areas are crucial to the future of trade and development.”
- While Sun is only just announcing the end of his term as Grenada’s representative to the WTO, the Grenada Broadcasting Network mentioned that his position ended after the country’s June 2022 general elections, which ousted the New National Party. The Tron chief was appointed for the role in December 2021.
- The latest development comes on the heels of a lawsuit filed against Sun by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), accusing him of unregistered sale of TRX and BTT tokens, which the regulator labeled as securities and market manipulation.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter CRYPTOPOTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
#Justin #Suns #Ambassadorial #Role #World #Trade #Organisation #Ends